Rockville: was platted in 1856, and named for granite rock formations on nearby streams. A post office has been in operation at Rockville since 1857. Levi Gaylord was selected as the first Postmaster. The Government selected Newton Smith on June 6 1861.
On June 1, 2002, the city of Pleasant Lake and Rockville Township were merged into the city of Rockville.
Click Here for Public & Private School Information